Dive into the rich flavors of air fryer brussel sprouts paired with crispy bacon—a perfect side for any occasion.
Savor the harmonious blend of crispy, roasted brussels sprouts and the saltiness of bacon. This dish, prepared using an air fryer, is easy to make and ensures a delightful crunch and flavor in every bite. It’s an ideal side for family dinners, gatherings, or even a cozy meal for one.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use frozen brussels sprouts. However, it’s important to thaw and drain them thoroughly to remove excess moisture. This ensures they become crispy when air frying.
Depending on the size and moisture content, you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly. It’s always a good idea to check their tenderness and crispiness as they cook.
Absolutely! Pancetta can be a wonderful alternative, offering a slightly different flavor profile.
An air fryer ensures even cooking, provides a crispy finish without excessive oil, and is quicker than conventional ovens.
Yes, for a vegetarian version, consider using a plant-based bacon substitute, smoked tempeh, or even just omit the bacon entirely.
Yes! Roasting brussel sprouts in a conventional oven is a great option. Place them on a baking sheet and roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, turning halfway, until they’re tender and have a nice golden-brown color, which should take about 20-25 minutes.
If using bacon, ensure it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
Certainly! simply sauté the halved brussel sprouts in a large skillet over medium heat until they’re browned and tender. Add in the bacon bits during the last few minutes of cooking to retain their crunch.
- Bacon: Substitute with pancetta, prosciutto, or a plant-based bacon substitute.
- Olive Oil: Grapeseed oil or avocado oil can work well.
- Parmesan Cheese: Nutritional yeast can offer a cheesy flavor for a dairy-free version, or you might try other hard cheeses like Pecorino Romano.
- Brussels sprouts not crisping? Ensure they’re dried properly after washing and avoid overcrowding the air fryer.
- Bacon not cooked to your liking? Adjust the cooking time slightly. Remember, thinner bacon slices will cook faster.
Tips From the Chef
- Ensure brussel sprouts are a uniform size for even cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer for a couple of minutes for optimal results.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket to ensure even heat distribution.
Storage & Reheating Instructions
Cool leftovers before storing them in an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze for up to one month.
To reheat, place brussel sprouts in an air fryer preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through, about 2-3 minutes. This ensures they remain crispy and delicious.